Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Purnima

Default Identify Japanese text and fonts

Hi,

I am writing a macro to identify Mincho characters in a document.
This I can do using the Find featu search for font="MS Mincho".
But sometimes, some of the documents have text in Japanese and in such
documents, spaces show up as small boxes. And even though the font for such
spaces is MS Mincho, they are not captured by Ctrl+F. I believe this is
because the language is Japanese here and not English.
I still have coded a macro to identify Japanese text in documents, but the
problem is that it works very slow. And this is because I'm scanning each
word to determine its language.

I would like to know if someone knows of a better and faster way to achieve
this.

Thanks in advance.

Purnima.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Tony Jollans

Hi Purnima,

I don't know much about Japanese and I'm not entirely sure what you are
asking so my apologies if I have misunderstood.

Can you not just use Ctrl+F Find to look for any text with the language set
to Japanese? Or does that miss some characters as well?

--
Enjoy,
Tony

"Purnima" wrote in message
Hi,

I am writing a macro to identify Mincho characters in a document.
This I can do using the Find featu search for font="MS Mincho".
But sometimes, some of the documents have text in Japanese and in such
documents, spaces show up as small boxes. And even though the font for

such
spaces is MS Mincho, they are not captured by Ctrl+F. I believe this is
because the language is Japanese here and not English.
I still have coded a macro to identify Japanese text in documents, but the
problem is that it works very slow. And this is because I'm scanning each
word to determine its language.

I would like to know if someone knows of a better and faster way to

achieve
this.

Thanks in advance.

Purnima.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Purnima

Hi Tony,

Ctrl+F does not have an option to search according to the language. I really
wish it had such an option, but alas!

Purnima.

"Purnima" wrote in message
Hi,

I am writing a macro to identify Mincho characters in a document.
This I can do using the Find featu search for font="MS Mincho".
But sometimes, some of the documents have text in Japanese and in such
documents, spaces show up as small boxes. And even though the font for

such
spaces is MS Mincho, they are not captured by Ctrl+F. I believe this is
because the language is Japanese here and not English.
I still have coded a macro to identify Japanese text in documents, but the
problem is that it works very slow. And this is because I'm scanning each
word to determine its language.

I would like to know if someone knows of a better and faster way to

achieve
this.

Thanks in advance.

Purnima.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Tony Jollans

What version of Word are you using?

In the Find Dialog, press "More" if it's visible
With the cursor in the "Find what" box, click on "Format"
Is Language not one of the options?

--
Enjoy,
Tony