Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Lauristan

Default Recover doc

My word program saves every 5 minutes for recovery purposes. However, my
word program didn't crash. Somehow I just lost the document. I only have
the original version which is not the one I want. I thought I saved it many
times, I just can't find it. How do I view all of those 5 minute saves to
recover my document. I worked on the document for hours, and can't find a
solution. There are no versions listed in files.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Doug Robbins - Word MVP

The only time that you may get the chance to use/see an autorecover file is
when there is an abnormal termination of the Word Program.

There is no autosave feature built into Word. If you are thinking that
there is, then you have not read all of the posts.

See the following page of fellow MVP Graham Mayor's website:

http://www.gmayor.com/automatically_backup.htm

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Lauristan" wrote in message
My word program saves every 5 minutes for recovery purposes. However, my
word program didn't crash. Somehow I just lost the document. I only have
the original version which is not the one I want. I thought I saved it
many
times, I just can't find it. How do I view all of those 5 minute saves to
recover my document. I worked on the document for hours, and can't find a
solution. There are no versions listed in files.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Deborah Jean

Perhaps you are looking in the wrong place for an autorecovered doc. Go to
Tools-options-filelocation tab and find Autorecover in the list and see where
MS Word is saving it. It may be there and not in the regular MY Documents
folder. For example mine is set by default to C:\Documents and
Settings\Owner\Application Data\MicroSoft\Word or C:\Documents and
Settings\Owner\Application Data\MicroSoft\Word\Startup folder. So looking in
my documents may not be the answer. You could also do a search and it may
find it in the autorecovery file.

Deborah Jean
MOS Master Instructor

"Lauristan" wrote:

My word program saves every 5 minutes for recovery purposes. However, my
word program didn't crash. Somehow I just lost the document. I only have
the original version which is not the one I want. I thought I saved it many
times, I just can't find it. How do I view all of those 5 minute saves to
recover my document. I worked on the document for hours, and can't find a
solution. There are no versions listed in files.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor

Unfortunately, unless Word crashes, the autorecovery files are deleted when
the documents they pertain to are closed.
If you have saved the file, then file recovery software *may* recover the
deleted file from the folder you saved it to. If you didn't save the file
during hours of work then you are your own worse enemy. There is nothing to
recover. Word does not automatically save your work - though it can be made
to do so. See the link on my web page that Doug posted.

"Lauristan" wrote:

My word program saves every 5 minutes for recovery purposes.
However, my word program didn't crash. Somehow I just lost the
document. I only have the original version which is not the one I
want. I thought I saved it many times, I just can't find it. How
do I view all of those 5 minute saves to recover my document. I
worked on the document for hours, and can't find a solution. There
are no versions listed in files.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Hi,

I suppose you using really powerful data recovery tools, such as
Active@ Undelete. this is a really mighty one, it never failed me
before, nor it ever corrupted restored data. That should definately
help, try it out.

http://www.active-undelete.com/