Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
-z

Default Unable to add user to exceptions in protected document

I've tried FAQ's and Google searching; however, I can not seem to find an
answer to this problem.
Office Student and Teacher Edition 2003
Word

Protecting a document and I would like to allow one of the other users on
the local computer to modify a section while protecting the remaining
document.

At work all I had to do was click on more users, add the user's name to the
exceptions list, and it worked. At home Word complains about not being able
to verify the user name.

-z
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
macropod

Naturally, At Work, you PC has access to the OS, which tells it which users
exist on that network. Your home PC most likely doesn't have access to your
workplace network . Simple as that.

Cheers

--
macropod
[MVP - Microsoft Word]

"-z" wrote in message
I've tried FAQ's and Google searching; however, I can not seem to find an
answer to this problem.
Office Student and Teacher Edition 2003
Word

Protecting a document and I would like to allow one of the other users on
the local computer to modify a section while protecting the remaining
document.

At work all I had to do was click on more users, add the user's name to

the
exceptions list, and it worked. At home Word complains about not being

able
to verify the user name.

-z

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
-z

Ofcourse
Seems simple enough why it would work at work with a user on the domain
server.
Is this just a network/server option then?

Just playing around;
Ok, I have several user accounts setup on my home computer, one for admin
functions, one for myself, one for my wife, etc... If I try to add my wife's
user name or say the admin user name, Word still complains about not being
able to verify the user name, even if logged in on the admin.