Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
nineuht nineuht is offline

Default MailMerge is changing my filters!

I am a VERY unhappy user of MS Word 2003. Have attempted several times
to complete a mailmerge of labels containing names and addresses.

The datasource is an Excel spreadsheet, and I'm using a default Avery
Label in Word for the template.

After following the steps in Word's mail merge, I then go into 'Edit
Recipient List' and using the drop down menu to get to the Advanced
function and select two columns to sort with. I make my selections,
press 'OK' and the selected names/address appear onscreen....for a few
seconds. Then, suddenly, the data changes. (names appear that
shouldn't be there according to the sort criteria I selected.)

I go to the previous screen, go to 'Edit Recipient List' and look at
the Advanced sort criteria and additional sort parameters have been
added!

I have done this several times on different days and in different ways
all with the same result.

Any thoughts? Anyone? Anybody? I'm about to go bald from pulling my
hair out! (the previous Mailmerge I had down pat!!!)

--
nineuht
nineuht's Profile: http://www.officehelp.in/member.php?userid=4952

Posted from - http://www.officehelp.in

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Cindy M. Cindy M. is offline

Hi Nineuht,

[...]

What kind of connection method have you used to link in the data source?

Can you give us an example of the field names in the Excel sheet, the sort
criteria you use, and the way Word changes it?

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org