Alistair Glover

Default Footers - How can I display the file path.

I managed this once before, by using headers and footers menu option and
using autotext option it gave me the choice of different footers. Now the
option is unclickable. How do I access it to use one of the pre-defined
footers?
Charles Kenyon

These are AutoText built into normal.dot by default. That it won't display
likely means you have replaced your normal.dot with another template, either
deliberately or by mistake. See
http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/AppErr...ocNotBlank.htm.

Other problems with the AutoText menu in headers and footers usually involve
not being in the header or footer style when trying to access the AutoText.

Or, you can simply type the field yourself.

Type the words below, exactly, then select them:
FILENAME \p \* CharFormat

Press Ctrl-F9 and then F9. This puts the words into a Word field and updates
the field.
--

Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.