Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Alexey Alexey is offline

Default Word 2007 - Convert to Text

Hi, I am, new to Word 2007. i receive Word forms that have been completed,
and want to convert the data to text. I used to go to Tools options and
Save to text.

in Word 2007, i can see the Copnvert to Text function on the Table Tools
Layout Ribbon, but it is unlit and i cannot seem to actiovate it.

Can some kind person tell me how I do this task in 2007 please

thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

I think you are referring to the option that saves the data of a form in a
text file? If so, click the Office button, and then click Word Options. In
the Advanced category, select "Save form data as delimited text file" (under
the "Preserve fidelity when sharing this document" heading) and click OK.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Alexey" wrote in message
Hi, I am, new to Word 2007. i receive Word forms that have been
completed, and want to convert the data to text. I used to go to Tools
options and Save to text.

in Word 2007, i can see the Copnvert to Text function on the Table Tools
Layout Ribbon, but it is unlit and i cannot seem to actiovate it.

Can some kind person tell me how I do this task in 2007 please

thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

The convert to text tool is for converting a table to text. From your
question, I assume you want, instead, to save the file as text. In the upper
left corner of the Word window, click the Office button (it's similar in
scope to Word 2003 and earlier's File menu). From there, click Save As. In
the Save As dialog, set Save as type: to Plain text (*.txt).

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
Author of the Word 2007 Bible