Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
DSG

Default Saving a custom color

When I'm using the custom color chart to color text, is there any way to
save a specific color without setting it up each time?

for instance:
hue 2 ..........red 222
sat 255 .........grn 11
lum 111 .......blu 0

DSG

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Jay Freedman

Create a character style whose only formatting is Default paragraph style
plus the custom color. Store that style in a template and apply it to any
text that needs it.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

DSG wrote:
When I'm using the custom color chart to color text, is there any way
to save a specific color without setting it up each time?

for instance:
hue 2 ..........red 222
sat 255 .........grn 11
lum 111 .......blu 0

DSG

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
DSG

Now why didn't I think of that? I make templates all the time and am quite
used to creating my own styles. I just never thought to include a style
just for a color. I'll call the paragraph style RED. Thank you! I think
I've been working too long today. DSG

"Jay Freedman" wrote in message
Create a character style whose only formatting is Default paragraph style
plus the custom color. Store that style in a template and apply it to any
text that needs it.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman
so
all may benefit.

DSG wrote:
When I'm using the custom color chart to color text, is there any way
to save a specific color without setting it up each time?

for instance:
hue 2 ..........red 222
sat 255 .........grn 11
lum 111 .......blu 0

DSG

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
DSG

I apparently need a little help here. I can do a character style for an
underlying font, but can not get rid of a font size when I'm making up the
style. I don't find a default paragraph style. I do find a default paragraph
font.

Otherwise, I must make a font color for each font style I use.
for instance, then, I would have to create and name the styles on the
outside of my brochu
Red Monotype Corsiva 36 and
Red Arial 9

Is that what your mean, Jay?

DSG wrote:
When I'm using the custom color chart to color text, is there any way
to save a specific color without setting it up each time?

for instance:
hue 2 ..........red 222
sat 255 .........grn 11
lum 111 .......blu 0

DSG

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Character styles should be based on Default Paragraph Font. For an
understanding of that, see
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Customization/DefParaFont.htm

"DSG" wrote in message
Now why didn't I think of that? I make templates all the time and am

quite
used to creating my own styles. I just never thought to include a style
just for a color. I'll call the paragraph style RED. Thank you! I

think
I've been working too long today. DSG

"Jay Freedman" wrote in message
Create a character style whose only formatting is Default paragraph

style
plus the custom color. Store that style in a template and apply it to

any
text that needs it.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

newsgroup
so
all may benefit.

DSG wrote:
When I'm using the custom color chart to color text, is there any way
to save a specific color without setting it up each time?

for instance:
hue 2 ..........red 222
sat 255 .........grn 11
lum 111 .......blu 0

DSG

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
DSG

Okay, I see the factor in this case was 'a fresh document based on the
default Normal.dot' - It was not a fresh document, but one for which I had
already created a template. Good advice. My project is big, but I can clean
up the formatted text and copy back into a fresh document from a new clean
normal.dot - and then create the color styles which will carry over to all
this group of documents. Thank you.

DSG wrote:
When I'm using the custom color chart to color text, is there any way
to save a specific color without setting it up each time?

for instance:
hue 2 ..........red 222
sat 255 .........grn 11
lum 111 .......blu 0

DSG

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
DSG

Word 2000
Success (new clean template to modify default paragraph font Format Style
give it a new name for instance Red 222-11 format font go to the font

color charts, choose custom tab, type in the color numbers (I only needed
red 222 and green 11 for my preferred shade of red) add to template. And
I'm good to go. I see, though, (for newbies for this procedure) I can select
the red 222-11 style from the style bar either before I type the text and
format it, or after I've typed the text, but before I have added my font
styles and font sizes - which is fine.

I have already figured out how to create headers, headings, captions already
formatted and colored by modifying Word's styles, but that means for every
different style you are creating, you must keep going back to the custom
color tab to reapply the color (and did you forget the number combinations
you had decided on?). I just got tired of spending so much time running
back there.

Thanks Jay Freedman, Suzanne, and also Shauna Kelly's How to modify a style
in Word
DSG