erik_gregory

Default Concordance/Index File--Make Index Entries Case Insensitive

I have a concordance file used for generating indexes in Word documents. Now,
it seems the index entries in the concordance file MUST exactly resemble what
is in the Word document or it will not find the word/phrase. For example, if
I enter in the concordance file: "Word Version 2003" but in the target
document it says "Word version 2003" (lower case "v" in version), then the
concordance file will not recognize the phrase and will not index it.

Because there are so many capitalization variations across documents, and it
takes so long to enter all those variations in the concordance file, I was
wondering whether there was any way of making Word understand I want the
phrase I enter indexed irrespective of case--essentially make it
case-insensitive.

Thanx for any help I get!

Erik