Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Shana Shana is offline

Default Heading ghosts on previous pages

I have several documents using a structured system of headings. In most
cases, selecting "page break before" does the trick, and no 'ghost' of that
heading is on the previous page.

However, I'm having extreme difficulty when it comes to a heading after the
cover page. I've tried using "page break before"; and I've tried inserting a
page break; and I've tried having the second page text on the cover and
inserting a break and then changing the heading to the heading style. None of
this works, and there is still a blank line with the heading formatting on
the cover. I wouldn't generally worry about this, but it makes the real
heading show up double in the TOC.

Suggestions?

Thx!