Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
[email protected] brae@centtric.com is offline

Default INCLUDEPICTURE cmnd not updating.

I'm trying to merge a number of unique "tif" images and corresponding
records from an Access database into a mail merge document.. The
images to the corresponding "tifs" are stored on a network drive. The
"tif's" are all different and uniquly named. The full paths are
stored in the document.

The problem is in the update of the field:
I have written the folowing,
{If {mergefield "graphic"} "" "{ INCLUDEPICTURE "../MPP/Certificates/
{mergefield "graphic"}" \d }" "WE ARE MISSING A GRAPHIC HERE" }

All the merge fields for the address works on the front of the sheet,
the graphic will not update; it keeps the original graphic from the
time it was last updated.

I can go into the above logic and click on the field "graphic" and
right mouse click and do a "update", this will then update the image.
I can not do this on 500 records each day.

I have insured all my settings are to refresh and update in word .
If I convert all the images into word and use a bookmark for each
unique document, this will work seems at waste of time when a merge
should update.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

You need to execute the merge to a new document and then use Ctrl+A to
select everything and then F9 to update the fields in the document.

Alternatively, there is an add-in available for a free trial from
http://onmerge.com:80/ that claims to take care of that for you.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

oups.com...

INCLUDEPICTURE from URL LAR Mailmerge 4 February 1st 07 03:23 AM
Solved: INCLUDEPICTURE not updating pictures FUBARinSFO Mailmerge 0 December 9th 06 01:32 AM
IncludePicture Command and %20 Jonathan in the Zoo Mailmerge 4 December 1st 06 03:50 PM
includepicture Saj Mailmerge 1 August 4th 06 12:44 PM
Includepicture John Sutton Mailmerge 2 July 3rd 06 09:50 PM