Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Default Mail merge DIRECTORY issue with Excel as data source repeats doc p

That is the way a catalog or directory type mailmerge has always worked. If
you want other content, you will need to add it after executing the merge.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"bjm" wrote in message
Hi, I'm using XP Pro sp2, Word 2003 & Excel 2003. Mail merge fields on
single page with in large word doc. All looks good in preview merge, but
when I complete merge, only one record from excel populates the page in
Word
with the merge fields, then the whole document repeats, adding the next
single record from excel on the merge field page, again and again,
repeating
the whole document for each record merged. I used to be able to merge
multiple excel records onto the same word page. I feel like I've tried
every
thing.When I delete everything butthe merge field page and complete the
merge, everything works fine. Please, can somebody explain how to get
around
this?
Thanks, Brian
--