Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Niesa Niesa is offline

Default Change default print options in word template

The default print feed for a Word template created for our team is manual.
How can I change the template print feed auto?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Open the template in Word. Set the page setup Paper Paper sources to
Manual
OK the dialog. Type a character in the text space and delete it. Save the
template.
In principle the process is that at
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/...ocNotBlank.htm

niesa wrote:
The default print feed for a Word template created for our team is
manual. How can I change the template print feed auto?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Actually, the change would need to be from Manual to Auto, and I would
imagine that a change in Page Setup alone would be enough to mark the
template as dirty, so the "phantom edit" would not be required.

Moreover, it should not be necessary to even open the template to do this.
In a new document based on the template, without making any other changes,
change the paper source in Page Setup, then click Default..., and answer yes
when you're asked if you want this to be the default for all new documents
based on this template.