Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
answers3801 answers3801 is offline

Default help wizard displays answers that vanish

When I have a question and the help wizard displays answers in the right
column of my page-- how do I keep those instructions still displayed there
while I try to fix the problem- (the minute I click on something else the
instructions disappear, ie, they say "go to file, click on ..." -- there may
be 7 steps, and I can only remember a few at a time-- then have to type in
the question all over again (or take notes on my clay tablets)

this is Word 2002
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

I'm looking at Word 2003, but I think this was the same in 2002...

When a Help windows opens (if it's the "Offline" help rather than the Office
Online stuff that opens in an Internet browser), there should be a set of
icons just below the title bar. The leftmost one, when the mouse hovers over
it, shows a tooltip of "Auto Tile". When you click that icon, the Help
window and the Word window will arrange themselves side by side.

If that doesn't work, this will: Minimize all windows except Word and the
Help window (or even the browser, if that's where the help appears).
Right-click a blank area of the Windows task bar at the bottom of your
screen. In the popup menu, choose "Tile Windows Vertically".

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Fax Wizard Larz Mailmerge 2 September 18th 06 04:37 PM
Word 2003 and removal of Avery Wizard steeler06 Microsoft Word Help 2 January 3rd 06 11:33 PM
Help! I'm getting error messages too much-can't open Resume Wizard LizLB Microsoft Word Help 0 May 3rd 05 01:46 AM
Date and time jtkinge Microsoft Word Help 3 April 1st 05 07:17 AM
In MS Word 2000, where is the web page wizard? Andy Microsoft Word Help 0 January 6th 05 06:45 PM