nick

Default How do I make margins in which I can type (like those in textbooks

How do I make margins in which I can type (like those in textbooks)? Using
Tables and tabs is too labour-intensive (you have to do it on every page).
Using two-column layout doesn't work either - I want margins to contain
information different from the body text.
Jezebel

Use textboxes or frames. Frames are part of the flow of text, so they're
good if you're putting headings etc in them. Textboxes are independent of
(albeit anchored to) the text.