Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Printing selected pages Printing selected pages is offline

Default how to print selected pages from a word document with several sec.

I have one document made up of numerous sections. If the page numbers I want
to print are outside the range of the sections, the printer does not
recognize the page numbers. Example: the document has total 100 pages and 10
sections with 10 pages in each section. I want to print pages 40-50. The
printer does not recognize the page numbers, because they are outside of the
section page numbers range. What to fix that without changing the document
setup/format?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

Printing selected pages wrote:
I have one document made up of numerous sections. If the page numbers
I want to print are outside the range of the sections, the printer
does not recognize the page numbers. Example: the document has total
100 pages and 10 sections with 10 pages in each section. I want to
print pages 40-50. The printer does not recognize the page numbers,
because they are outside of the section page numbers range. What to
fix that without changing the document setup/format?

You need to enter both page and section numbers. If page numbering restarts
in any or all sections, use the page numbers as they display on the pages,
not the "physical" number. Assuming each of your sections restarts at 1, you
could enter p1s4-p10s4 (or simply s4 ) to print the fourth section.

See http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Format...leSections.htm.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman