Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
heyouamy heyouamy is offline

Default How do I group option buttons on web form to select only 1

I am trying to group option buttons on a Microsoft Word Web form I am
creating. I understand that I need to name the buttons the same in order for
the form to only accept one selection. I am not able to name them the same
without receiving an error message. How can I group the two buttons to show
they are one group?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

You don't "name them the same" -- that is, each one has to have a
different value in the Name property. Instead, you put the same value
in the GroupName property of each button in the group.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

On Mon, 27 Nov 2006 19:39:01 -0800, heyouamy
wrote:

I am trying to group option buttons on a Microsoft Word Web form I am
creating. I understand that I need to name the buttons the same in order for
the form to only accept one selection. I am not able to name them the same
without receiving an error message. How can I group the two buttons to show
they are one group?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
heyouamy heyouamy is offline

Thanks for the response Jay. I am using Word 2003. When I put in two radio
buttons, then right click on each one and go to the properties, so that I can
enter the same value in the GroupName property, there is not that option. I
can go to the Categorized tab, then my choices under "MISC" are "(Name)",
"height", "HTMLName", "Value", and "width". Thanks for any future help you
can provide!

wrote:

I am trying to group option buttons on a Microsoft Word Web form I am
creating. I understand that I need to name the buttons the same in order for
the form to only accept one selection. I am not able to name them the same
without receiving an error message. How can I group the two buttons to show
they are one group?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

Sorry, I assumed (bad move) that you were using the option buttons from the
Control Toolbox. It seems you used the ones from the Web toolbar instead.

From the Forms toolbar, insert a frame for each group, and put that group's
option buttons inside the frame. I think that will work (I don't have a
place to publish a test web page to try it).

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

wrote:

I am trying to group option buttons on a Microsoft Word Web form I
am creating. I understand that I need to name the buttons the same
in order for the form to only accept one selection. I am not able
to name them the same without receiving an error message. How can I
group the two buttons to show they are one group?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
heyouamy heyouamy is offline

Sorry, that was my fault for not being clear that I was doing a web form. I'm
pretty sure your suggestion worked, but I am about ready to give up on radio
buttons. When I publish the page, the click on the radio button does not do
anything (in other words, it doesn't select it). Check boxes and text fields
work fine. If you have any suggestions - great, if not I appreciate all your
time and help!

Amy

"Jay Freedman" wrote:

Sorry, I assumed (bad move) that you were using the option buttons from the
Control Toolbox. It seems you used the ones from the Web toolbar instead.

From the Forms toolbar, insert a frame for each group, and put that group's