Robert Guildig

Default Office 2003 Envelopes and labels company name and title missing.

When selecting a contact in envelopes and labels the company name and job
title is not coming through. I have followed the instructions at:
http://www.slipstick.com/contacts/insword.htm and he
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=212345

here is the address layout I am using
{PR_GIVEN_NAME} {PR_SURNAME}
{PR_TITLE}
{PR_COMPANY_NAME}
{PR_STREET_ADDRESS}
{PR_LOCALITY}, {PR_STATE_OR_PROVINCE} {PR_POSTAL_CODE}
Graham Mayor

While personally I would use the following construction, which uses the
curly brackets to remove blank lines for missing data (otherwise the curly
brackets are not required), your version worked fine here when pasted into
Word. Did you save as autotext called AddressLayout (all one word)?

{PR_GIVEN_NAME PR_SURNAME

}{PR_TITLE

}{PR_COMPANY_NAME

}{PR_STREET_ADDRESS}

{PR_LOCALITY, PR_STATE_OR_PROVINCE PR_POSTAL_CODE}

The relevant fields do of course have to be completed in Outlook?

Robert Guildig wrote:
When selecting a contact in envelopes and labels the company name and
job title is not coming through. I have followed the instructions at:
http://www.slipstick.com/contacts/insword.htm and he
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=212345

here is the address layout I am using
{PR_GIVEN_NAME} {PR_SURNAME}
{PR_TITLE}
{PR_COMPANY_NAME}
{PR_STREET_ADDRESS}
{PR_LOCALITY}, {PR_STATE_OR_PROVINCE} {PR_POSTAL_CODE}

Robert Guildig

Yes I did save it as AddressLayout in the proper place. Also it was exactly
like yours I just didn't have the original file with me and pulled the
example from the instructions. If I follow the instructions (linked to in my
get the same results on every computer I have tried it on that is running
office 2003. Yes all the field are populated I even created a new contact and
populated the fields myself.

Robert Guildig wrote:
When selecting a contact in envelopes and labels the company name and
job title is not coming through. I have followed the instructions at:
http://www.slipstick.com/contacts/insword.htm and he
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=212345

here is the address layout I am using
{PR_GIVEN_NAME} {PR_SURNAME}
{PR_TITLE}
{PR_COMPANY_NAME}
{PR_STREET_ADDRESS}
{PR_LOCALITY}, {PR_STATE_OR_PROVINCE} {PR_POSTAL_CODE}

Graham Mayor

Hmmmm. Very odd. It works fine here with Word 2003 and both your original
and the revised versions. May I suggest that you put the same question to
the Outlook group where someone may be able to offer some insight into where
the problem lies.

Robert Guildig wrote:
Yes I did save it as AddressLayout in the proper place. Also it was
exactly like yours I just didn't have the original file with me and
pulled the example from the instructions. If I follow the
instructions (linked to in my previous post) on a machine running
office 2000 it works perfectly. So far I get the same results on