KAM

Default Symbol Font in WORD (PC and mac)

I am creating a WORD template that will access Symbol Font characters. Anyone
who has a PC that I provide this to should be OK as PCs should standardly
have the symbol font.

I am not familiar with macs, but if I provide this to someone who works on
WORD on a mac, will they also have the Symbol font as we know it on the PC
side? If not, what is the mac's standard symbol font?

Thanks!

KAM

THANKS! That sets my mind at ease.

"Ritika Pathak [MSFT]" wrote:

Hi KAM,

The Symbol font is very much present in MacWord too.

You can open the same template in WinWord and MacWord and not notice any
change in the Symbol font rendering. Platform compatibility allows you to
use Symbol font in MacWord the same way as in WinWord.

Thanks,

Ritika Pathak
Mac Word Test
Macintosh Business Unit
Microsoft

Find out everything about Microsoft Mac Newsgroups at:
[http://www.microsoft.com/mac/communi...id=newsgroups]
Check out product updates and news & info at: [http://www.microsoft.com/mac]

.. .

On 3/1/05 7:19 AM, "KAM" wrote:

I am creating a WORD template that will access Symbol Font characters.
Anyone
who has a PC that I provide this to should be OK as PCs should standardly
have the symbol font.

I am not familiar with macs, but if I provide this to someone who works
on
WORD on a mac, will they also have the Symbol font as we know it on the
PC
side? If not, what is the mac's standard symbol font?

Thanks!

Tim Murray

I am not familiar with macs, but if I provide this to someone who works on
WORD on a mac, will they also have the Symbol font as we know it on the PC
side? If not, what is the mac's standard symbol font?

Also make sure NOT to use bold or italic variations. They may look okay and
even print from one person's machine but not from others.