Hanif

Default Conditional mail merge

I am using Word 2002.

I have set up a word document to merge data from Excel.
In Word, I have a list of items as follows:

Amt if choose option 1: merge field 1
Amt if choose option 2: merge field 2
Amt if choose option 3: merge field 3

What I would like to do, is to put a conditional merge
for the line that has merge field 3. ie. eg if the merge
field 3 amount is greater than zero, then only do I want
that entire line to show up. Otherwise I would like to
see a blank line.

Any help would be appreciated
Peter Jamieson

Let's assume your merge field is called "mergefield3"

If you are using Word 2003 (and maybe 2002), try changing

{ MERGEFIELD mergefield3 }

{ MERGEFIELD mergefield3 \b "Amt if choose option 3" }

You may need to press Alt-F9 to see the underlying fields instead of
mergefield3 etc.

If you are using an earlier version of Word, you will need to use an IF
field, e.g.

{ IF "{ MERGEFIELD mergefield3 }" = "" "" "Amt if choose option 3 { MERGE
mergefield3 }" }

where you insert each pair of {} using ctrl-F9

Peter Jamieson