Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Paul B[_5_] Paul B[_5_] is offline

Default Mass changing para shadings

Hi,

I've got a .doc in which all the paras are set to "Pattern: Clear
(White)". What that means is that they have white background
shading.

The styles are home-brewed, meaning they each have lengthy names
indicating their characteristics, such as indent, spacing, etc.

If I Select All, go to Styles and remove borders (which a few
paras have) and shading, it only affects the first para. I know
of no way to affect all the paras at once, not be style
manipulation or by Find/Replace.

Is there any way to do this?

Thanks,
p.
--
Using Office 2003 sp3 on Windows XP Home
Behold, I will allure her, I will lead her into the wilderness
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Greg Maxey[_2_] Greg Maxey[_2_] is offline

Something like:

Sub ScratchMacro()
Dim oPar As Word.Paragraph
For Each oPar In ActiveDocument.Paragraphs
oPar.Shading.BackgroundPatternColor = wdColorBrightGreen
Next
End Sub

Paul B wrote:
Hi,

I've got a .doc in which all the paras are set to "Pattern: Clear
(White)". What that means is that they have white background
shading.

The styles are home-brewed, meaning they each have lengthy names
indicating their characteristics, such as indent, spacing, etc.

If I Select All, go to Styles and remove borders (which a few
paras have) and shading, it only affects the first para. I know
of no way to affect all the paras at once, not be style
manipulation or by Find/Replace.

Is there any way to do this?

Thanks,
p.

--
Greg Maxey - Word MVP

My web site http://gregmaxey.mvps.org

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

If the color is not part of the style, then Ctrl+A, Ctrl+Q should work.

http://word.mvps.org

Paul B wrote:
Hi,

I've got a .doc in which all the paras are set to "Pattern: Clear
(White)". What that means is that they have white background
shading.

The styles are home-brewed, meaning they each have lengthy names
indicating their characteristics, such as indent, spacing, etc.

If I Select All, go to Styles and remove borders (which a few
paras have) and shading, it only affects the first para. I know
of no way to affect all the paras at once, not be style
manipulation or by Find/Replace.

Is there any way to do this?

Thanks,
p.

--
Using Office 2003 sp3 on Windows XP Home
Behold, I will allure her, I will lead her into the wilderness
and speak tenderly to her - Ho. 2.14.
http://onfollowingchrist.wordpress.com/

Go to other para Scott[_3_] Page Layout 1 November 3rd 07 01:37 PM
Shadings Antek Tables 6 April 9th 07 09:37 PM
Para Styles [email protected] Microsoft Word Help 2 July 30th 06 08:09 AM
Table shadings print in colour when its set to grey on screen Jamie Tables 2 July 6th 06 03:39 AM
Para formatting Scott Page Layout 1 April 9th 06 07:19 PM