Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Sue Sue is offline

Default Mail Merge Crash

Have been trying to complete a merge using Excel 2007 and Word 2007 and
everything freezes while in "edit indidual letter or edit documents" \I can
merge the envelopes from the same excel file and save as a new document, but
I can not save the merged letters. I can print the letters, but can not save
them.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

If you select Edit Individual Documents from the Finish and Merge pulldown
in the Finish section of the Mailings Tab, that will produce a new document
containing the letters for each of the recipients in the data source.

Are you saying that you are unable to save that new document?

If you are however to save the envelopes, which of course are created from a
different mail merge main document, it would appear that there maybe some
corruption in the mail merge main document so I would try either changing
the type of document back to a Normal Word document via the Start Mail Merge
pulldown in the Start Mail Merge section of the ribbon and then save it,
close it and re-open it and change it back to a mail merge main document and
re-attach the data source, or start a new document, set it as a mail merge
main document and attach the data source to it and then copy and paste the
text and merge fields from your present document.

--
Hope this helps,

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

a paid professional basis.