Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
tammy tammy is offline

Default Word 2007-format a text form field as a phone number

Hi - does anyone know if you are able to format a form field in Word 2007 to
include "telephone" characters? My user would like to to type:
3155551212
and have it display automatically as:
(315) 555-1212

I know how to do it in Access, but can't seem to figure it out in Word.

Thanks for any suggestions!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Unprotect the form. In the Text Form Field Options dialog box for the
relevant field, set the "Type" of field to "Number." For "Number format,"
specify (###) ###-####. Select "Calculate on exit" and click OK. Reprotect
the form.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Tammy" wrote in message
Hi - does anyone know if you are able to format a form field in Word 2007
include "telephone" characters? My user would like to to type:
3155551212
and have it display automatically as:
(315) 555-1212

I know how to do it in Access, but can't seem to figure it out in Word.

Thanks for any suggestions!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
tammy tammy is offline

Thank you very much for your response, Stefan. I could not find the answer to
my question by searching, so posted the question. I have been having problems
NOT receiving responses (even with Notify me of replies checked), and could
not find my original post. I couldn't believe it when I searched and saw that
this question had been posted several times by others - I have NO idea how I
missed all the posts in my first search. I never received notification that
you responded to me. I guess that was the long way of saying that I truly
appreciate your time and your information. Thanks!

"Tammy" wrote in message
Hi - does anyone know if you are able to format a form field in Word 2007
include "telephone" characters? My user would like to to type:
3155551212
and have it display automatically as:
(315) 555-1212

I know how to do it in Access, but can't seem to figure it out in Word.

Thanks for any suggestions!

.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

I'm glad I could help!

As far as the notification feature of the Microsoft web interface is
concerned, it has been unreliable for quite some time. You may want to try
Google groups instead; see
http://groups.google.com/group/micro...s?hl=en-us&lnk.

--
Stefan Blom