Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Trish

Default How do you create a search feature in a MS Word 2003 document?

I am creating a training manual, and would like to know if it is possible to
create a search feature. I am using MS Word 2003.

Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Sarah_Lecturer

To do what exactly?

"Trish" wrote:

I am creating a training manual, and would like to know if it is possible to
create a search feature. I am using MS Word 2003.

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Trish

I am creating on-line training manuals for clinical staff. I want to know if
I click on a say a Search icon,a field will open up to type a search word or
a short phrase, and it can take me to that section of the training manual.
This is what I am kind of picturing.

"Sarah_Lecturer" wrote:

To do what exactly?

"Trish" wrote:

I am creating a training manual, and would like to know if it is possible to
create a search feature. I am using MS Word 2003.

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Sarah_Lecturer

When I write manuals I use Tables of Contents and Indexes. People can then
click on appropriate headings and or key words to find sections they may be
looking for. Alternatively they can use Edit, Find

hope this helps

Sarah x

"Trish" wrote:

I am creating on-line training manuals for clinical staff. I want to know if
I click on a say a Search icon,a field will open up to type a search word or
a short phrase, and it can take me to that section of the training manual.
This is what I am kind of picturing.

"Sarah_Lecturer" wrote:

To do what exactly?

"Trish" wrote:

I am creating a training manual, and would like to know if it is possible to
create a search feature. I am using MS Word 2003.

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Charles Kenyon

Ctrl-F ?
You could link the command to toolbar button. It has the binoculars picture
on the button.
--
Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.

"Trish" wrote in message
I am creating on-line training manuals for clinical staff. I want to know
if
I click on a say a Search icon,a field will open up to type a search word
or
a short phrase, and it can take me to that section of the training manual.
This is what I am kind of picturing.

"Sarah_Lecturer" wrote:

To do what exactly?