Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Becky Becky is offline

Default creating form template

I have a form where I need 20 different options that need to connect to other
information that is specific to that numbered option. I gave each option a
numbered check box so that when that box is checked I want to display the
corresponding information needed.

ANY help????
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cindy M. Cindy M. is offline

Replied to duplicate question in this group.

Cindy Meister

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
cporet cporet is offline

"Cindy M." wrote:

Replied to duplicate question in this group.

Cindy Meister

Cindy,

I am sorry. My question got mixed up with another. I amnew here
and am not quite sure how it happened. My question should have read " When I
creat a form or report or I receive one that someone else created, the title?
or information needed (ie Name or Date) that is to the right moves to the
right as I type and when I go far enough it moves down a line. How can I
lock/ freeze that title in place? It happens in tables as well. I spend more
time trying to make / keep the report clean looking and professional. Thank
you for any help you can give me.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cindy M. Cindy M. is offline

Hi ?B?Y3BvcmV0?=,

" When I
creat a form or report or I receive one that someone else created, the title?
or information needed (ie Name or Date) that is to the right moves to the
right as I type and when I go far enough it moves down a line. How can I
lock/ freeze that title in place? It happens in tables as well. I spend more
time trying to make / keep the report clean looking and professional. Thank
you for any help you can give me.

This sort of depends on how the information at the right has been positioned
there.

Word can show you non-printing characters, such as spaces and Tabs. Click the
"backwards P" button in the Standard toolbar to toggle them on/off.

If you see dots between the left margin or text and whatever is on the right,
then the space bar was pressed to position the information. This old-fashioned,
manual typewriter way of doing things isn't very efficient when using a
word-processor. When you get something like this, the fastest way to deal with
it is probably to double-click the "OVR" button in Word's status bar. This
allows you to OVeRtype the spaces; good as long as what you want to type doesn't
extend to the text on the right :-)

When you create a document, there are other possibilities that will make life
much easier. One is to use a TAB stop. By default, when you press the TAB key,
the cursor will "jump" across the page. The places it stops are called the
"default tab stops", and the non-printing character you get when you press TAB
is an arrow, pointing to the right.

Make sure OVR is turned off. In a new document, press ENTER a couple of times
(you'll see a backwards P for each time you've pressed ENTER - this is a
"paragraph mark"). Move up one line (paragraph). Now place your mouse in the
Ruler, above where you'd like to have "text on the right". Click on the Ruler;
an "L" should appear. This is a left-aligned TAB stop. Press the TAB key, and
the insertion point should jump to the location of the TAB stop. Start typing.
Now press HOME to move the insertion point back to the left margin, in the same
line. Type some more. Notice how the text on the right stays where it is (until
what you're typing reaches the TAB stop).

Note: to put a TAB in a table cell, press Ctrl+Tab.

There are other techniques, but get comfortable with these two and see how well
they address your requirements. If they don't cover all the situations you need,
please describe the circumstances in a bit more detail.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)