Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Paul Webster Paul Webster is offline

Default What are the [ ] characters on my page?

I have recently discovered the greyed out characters of [ ] on my page with
text between them. I don't remember inserting them and don't know what they
do. Can anyone enlighten me please.
--
Paul
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Jezebel Jezebel is offline

They indicate the bounds of your bookmarks.

Tools Options View. The 'Bookmarks' checkbox in the Show section.