Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Island Girl Island Girl is offline

Default Sequence fields and TOC

I have a document with 100+ pages for which I am trying to figure out the
best way to approach a TOC.

About every 5 pages there will be a heading at the top that says SOP
{number}. The actual title that goes beside that number is several lines
down in the document. The writer keeps inserting pages with SOP headings and
titles. So far I have used a sequence number for the SOP so that I dont
have to constantly renumber when she inserts new SOPs, but now I realize I
dont know the best way to bring together the SOP number and the title in the
Table of Contents.

The writer wants the TOC to read €œSOP [number] [Title].€ Is it possible to
refer to a sequence number while manually marking table entry fields? I
tried doing that but couldnt get it to work.

One things for sure. Im not worried because I know you will know just
what to do.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

If you insert the ToC going through the dialog options, you will see that
you can include virtually any style you want into the ToC - not just
headings. So if you use say the Subhead style applied as the SOP headings,
they will be included in the ToC.

--
Terry Farrell - MS Word MVP

Sequence Island Girl New Users 6 March 28th 06 08:52 PM
How can one set up the Automatic Sequence Number under Fields? Lisa Microsoft Word Help 2 September 12th 05 08:58 PM
Non sequence comments beckaS Microsoft Word Help 1 May 15th 05 09:26 AM
Maintain Sequence fields after a mail merge Simon Mailmerge 1 May 10th 05 09:03 AM
sequence numbers bronze-dragon Microsoft Word Help 1 February 4th 05 12:53 AM