Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
John Sutton John Sutton is offline

Default Includepicture

I've seen several posts on this subject, and I've read them, as well
as the help on the subject. I even gone to the MVP site and checked
for my issue, but can't seem to resolve it. I have a datasource that I
create, with Field PICTURE_NAME and it has a data value of
"C:\\Documents and Settings\\Admin\\Desktop\\JaneGood.Jpg". I have in
my document a field {INCLUDEPICTURE { MERGFIELD PICTURE_NAME \*
MERGEFORMAT} \*MERGEFORMAT} which does not resolve on it's own. I open
word, open the doc, attach the datasource, and merge to a document. At
this point I now have a mostly merged document, with the exception of
the {INCLUDEPICTURE "C:\\Documents and
Settings\\Admin\\Desktop\\JaneGood.Jpg" \*MERGEFORMAT}. The only way
to get this to resolve is to right click and 'Edit Field' then when I
hit okay, I can toggle field and get the picture.

The picture file isn't always the same, in fact, the values come from
a database, but have been validated for correctness. Is this a two
step process because there is an embedded MERGEFIELD? Any pointers
greatly appreciated.

John
KBS
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

You will need to update the fields in the document created by executing the
merge to get the picture to display. Use Ctrl+A then F9

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"John Sutton" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
John Sutton John Sutton is offline

Thanks Doug, that's what I was afraid of.
I really appreciate your time in responding.

John
KBS