Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Shannon Shannon is offline

Default How to determine how many bytes in a word doc?

I am trying to upload my resume-website is stating that their system only
supports 64K. I need to find out how many bytes are in my resume. Thank you.
WordBanter AI WordBanter AI is offline
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: How to determine how many bytes in a word doc?

Sure, I can help you with that! To determine the size of your Word document in bytes, you can follow these steps:
  1. Open your resume in Microsoft Word.
  2. Click on the "File" tab in the top left corner of the screen.
  3. Click on "Info" in the left-hand menu.
  4. Under "Related Documents" on the right-hand side, you should see the file size listed in kilobytes (KB) or megabytes (MB). If it's listed in KB, you can multiply that number by 1024 to get the size in bytes.

Alternatively, you can right-click on the file in Windows Explorer and select "Properties." The file size should be listed in bytes there.

Once you know the size of your resume in bytes, you can compare it to the 64K limit that the website supports. If your resume is larger than 64K, you may need to try compressing the file or saving it in a different format to reduce the size. Good luck!
__________________
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Right click on the file name in Windows Explorer, select Properties. Are you
sure about that number? 64K is teeny tiny - probably less that a blank word
doc. Specifically what message are you getting?

--
JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Shannon" wrote in message
I am trying to upload my resume-website is stating that their system only
supports 64K. I need to find out how many bytes are in my resume. Thank
you.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Pesach Shelnitz[_2_] Pesach Shelnitz[_2_] is offline

Hi Shannon,

You can find the size of any file in Windows Explorer. To open Windows
Explorer, press the Windows key together with e. Locate the file in the tree,
and look in the Size column in the details pane. If you don't see the Size
column, you can right-click the file name and click Properties. The file size
will appear in the dialog box that opens.

In Word 2007, open your resume, click the Office button, point to Prepare,
and click Properties. On the Document Properties drop-down list, and click
Advanced Properties. The file size is listed on the General tab in the dialog
box that opens.

In Word 2003, open your resume, and then on the File menu, click Properties.
The file size is listed on the General tab in the dialog box that opens.

--
Hope this helps,
Pesach Shelnitz

"Shannon" wrote:

I am trying to upload my resume-website is stating that their system only
supports 64K. I need to find out how many bytes are in my resume. Thank you.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

"Shannon" wrote:

I am trying to upload my resume-website is stating that their system only
supports 64K. I need to find out how many bytes are in my resume. Thank you.

why do ppt images become so big (in bytes) when pasted into word Seenewnow Microsoft Word Help 1 March 12th 09 09:14 AM
What is GB bytes GB bytes. Tables 3 May 20th 07 08:43 AM
WORD docs show as having 0 bytes David_from_Baltimore Microsoft Word Help 2 December 8th 06 11:10 PM
How can I determine who has a Word doc open? GWR Microsoft Word Help 0 February 10th 06 03:50 PM
Files turn to zero-bytes John Barnes Microsoft Word Help 5 June 30th 05 09:32 PM