Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Robin Clay Robin Clay is offline

Default Fix Margins

Greetings !

When I fix the bottom margin, and I choose too small a distance, WORD *used*
to flag this up and offer to "fix" the margin to the minimum allowed by the
printer (Laserjet 4L)

But NOW it simply accepts it - UNTIL I try to print, at which point I get an
error message that one of the margins is too small !

It doesn't offer to fix it; it doesn't say which one, and it doesn't say
what the minimum is !

How can I restore this facility?

Regards

Robin
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Choosing the printer (in the Print dialog box) and then setting the margins
to zero should trigger the message that asks you to Fix the margins. (See
also http://word.mvps.org/faqs/formatting...DontPrint.htm).

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP