RJT-1998

Default Word crashed lost CD's Fullfile download wants CD now what

I have Office 2000 Professional and Word crashed, went to Office site and
tried to download updates, unfortunately I have lost my CD's, so I tried the
"Fullfile" version of the download which Microsoft claims doesn't need the
CD's. They were wrong. So anyway now what do I do????? Or is this one of
Microsoft's way to force me to buy a new edition of Office?
Jay Freedman

On Sat, 24 Sep 2005 11:59:01 -0700, "RJT-1998"
wrote:

I have Office 2000 Professional and Word crashed, went to Office site and
tried to download updates, unfortunately I have lost my CD's, so I tried the
"Fullfile" version of the download which Microsoft claims doesn't need the
CD's. They were wrong. So anyway now what do I do????? Or is this one of
Microsoft's way to force me to buy a new edition of Office?

See this page:

http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=326246

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman
garfield-n-odie

See http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=828450 "Why service packs,
updates, and security patches may require the Office 2000 CD-ROM".

Even if you use the full-file version of a service pack for
Office 2000, you may still be prompted to insert the Office 2000
CD. If you cannot provide the CD when prompted, then the service
pack installation will fail, and some of your Office applications
may be left in a non-functional condition.

You should keep your Office CD in a safe place. You will need it
to install updates, or to add or remove features, or to repair or
uninstall or reinstall Office.

RJT-1998 wrote:

I have Office 2000 Professional and Word crashed, went to Office site and
tried to download updates, unfortunately I have lost my CD's, so I tried the
"Fullfile" version of the download which Microsoft claims doesn't need the
CD's. They were wrong. So anyway now what do I do????? Or is this one of
Microsoft's way to force me to buy a new edition of Office?

JoAnn Paules [MSFT MVP]

I don't think they can replace Office 2000 disks any longer.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]