Mike Whitehurst

Default How do i get rid of a page number on a Save As\ Text Only doc?

Help, I'm getting a single page number at the bottom of an ASCII text file
created in Word2k.
The document is saved as a regular doc and a copy is saved as plain text.
The *.DOC has no page numbers in it, but when I SaveAs Text Only I get a
single page number at the bottom left. I know this is a page number because
I changed the number to roman numeral under Insert\PageNumbers and it did
change the number type. Another strange thing is when I did that I started
getting 2 page numbers. I and I under each other.
I blew away the normal.dot and the data key. Recreated the normal.dot, but I
still get the same thing. I've checked everywhere I can find for page number
settings and find nothing. I checked hidden text, field codes and headers
and footers. No sign of any page number token.
Remember it doesn't show up in the Word2k .DOC copy just the ASCII text
version.

Thanks, Mike

Page Number funnybroad Page Layout 4 March 3rd 05 08:58 AM
Page Number and Page header on the first page Frank Drost Formatting Long Documents 3 March 1st 05 03:17 PM
When insert page number is clicked, the number inserted at page 1. inbetween Page Layout 1 February 19th 05 08:07 AM
How do I page number a divided page Camel Microsoft Word Help 3 February 6th 05 03:05 PM
can get page number to display, but cannot get page number to pri. bochran Microsoft Word Help 2 January 26th 05 01:07 AM