Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
visuals4u visuals4u is offline

Default Converting a template

I recently downloaded a Word newsletter template. Unfortunately, it is an 11"
x 17" template with a landscape layout. Is there any way I can convert this
document to four 8 1/2" x 11" documents? This would be easier for someone to
read.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

The easiest solution would be to simply search for a more suitable template,
I believe.

However, if you want to change the existing template, just modify the paper
size (in Page Setup). You may then have to manually rearrange the contents,
to get the look that you want.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"visuals4u" wrote in message
I recently downloaded a Word newsletter template. Unfortunately, it is an
11"
x 17" template with a landscape layout. Is there any way I can convert
this
document to four 8 1/2" x 11" documents? This would be easier for someone
read.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
visuals4u visuals4u is offline

I tried Page Setup already and that didn't crop the pages exactly where they
should be. Looks like I'll have to scan them and create a .pdf.

"visuals4u" wrote in message
I recently downloaded a Word newsletter template. Unfortunately, it is an
11"
x 17" template with a landscape layout. Is there any way I can convert
this
document to four 8 1/2" x 11" documents? This would be easier for someone
read.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

As I wrote, changing the paper format may require manual reorganizing of the
contents (and perhaps also reformatting). But, of course, if you don't need
output that should be editable in Word, PDF would be a good idea.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP