dakota7

Default Cannot change font in Word 2003

I cannot change the font nor the size in Word 2003. It seems that it is
locked permanently. Is there any way to unlock it so I can use other fonts
and sizes?
Graham Mayor

See http://www.gmayor.com/where_are_my_fonts.htm

dakota7 wrote:
I cannot change the font nor the size in Word 2003. It seems that it
is locked permanently. Is there any way to unlock it so I can use
other fonts and sizes?

dakota7

I deleted the printer and re-installed it with different drivers - no help.
My Word window shows all the fonts, but I cannot make the typing show up in
any font but Arial 12. If I type a document and go to print preview, the
preview shows up with the selected font, but the Word window does not. If I
change the default font, Word accepts the new default, but still shows the
page in Arial 12, even if I select Comic Sans in size 72 as the default.

dakota7 wrote:
I cannot change the font nor the size in Word 2003. It seems that it
is locked permanently. Is there any way to unlock it so I can use
other fonts and sizes?

Bob Buckland ?:-\)

Hi Dakota,

Are you in Print Layout view when you're working
with the fonts?

Does the Font dropdown on the toolbar show the
actual font samples?

========
--
Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP

Office 2003 Editions explained
http://www.microsoft.com/uk/office/editions.mspx

dakota7

The selected fonts and sizes show up fine in Print Layout view, but they
don't show up at all in the Normal view.

The Font dropdown on the toolbar shows the
actual font samples. Seems like everything works OK except the Normal view
window which I have always used previously. Shouldn't the selected font and
size appear in the Normal view window?

Thanks a lot for your help.

"dakota7" wrote in message ...
I deleted the printer and re-installed it with different drivers - no help.
My Word window shows all the fonts, but I cannot make the typing show up in
any font but Arial 12. If I type a document and go to print preview, the
preview shows up with the selected font, but the Word window does not. If I
change the default font, Word accepts the new default, but still shows the
page in Arial 12, even if I select Comic Sans in size 72 as the default.
--
Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP

Office 2003 Editions explained
http://www.microsoft.com/uk/office/editions.mspx

dakota7

Suzanne,

Hallelujah!!! That worked!!!!!! I just knew it was something simple.

Thank you very much.

dakota7 wrote:
I cannot change the font nor the size in Word 2003. It seems that it
is locked permanently. Is there any way to unlock it so I can use
other fonts and sizes?

stevemalee

I am having a similar problem -- I try to change the font for one document
only - not wanting to change my default - by selecting the text and choosing
the font but the change does not happen. The font I chose is in the drop
down list, but the selected text does not change.

This is only recently happening, so I must have done something to cause this.

and did try the suggestion to un-check the "draft font" but that did not
help.

In Word ( MS Office XP Small Business ) I do have the font drop down list
and I did try a suggestion from another thread:

to go to "add/remove program", go to Choose advanced customization of
applications". -- BUT my version DOES NOT have the "Choose advanced
customization of applications". SO I found the next step: go to Office
Shared Features, fonts, Change the Additional True Type Fonts item to "Run
from my Computer" , Click on Update

I did all the above and it still does not work

One other very odd thing-- changing to "Abigail" works !
--
stevemalee

dakota7 wrote:
I cannot change the font nor the size in Word 2003. It seems that it
is locked permanently. Is there any way to unlock it so I can use
other fonts and sizes?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Yaucana en Alaska