Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
kpmcmullin kpmcmullin is offline

Default Word 2007 headers

Can you insert text into a Word 2007 header that is in column or table form?
If so, how? Our firm's letterhead has all of our attorneys listed on it but
they are in columns and I cannot get those columsn to insert or paste into a
header. It works fine for all other versions of Word, just not 2007. Thanks.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Word 2007 lets you insert a table into a header, but not column formatting
(Format - Columns). Word 2003 has the same limitation... as does every other
version of Word, if I recall correctly. So, whatever you're seeing in
earlier versions of Word's headers, they're not Word columns. Perhaps it's a
table or something else formatted such that it looks columnar.

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
Author of the Word 2007 Bible

"kpmcmullin" wrote in message
Can you insert text into a Word 2007 header that is in column or table
form?
If so, how? Our firm's letterhead has all of our attorneys listed on it
but
they are in columns and I cannot get those columsn to insert or paste into
header. It works fine for all other versions of Word, just not 2007.
Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
kpmcmullin kpmcmullin is offline

Herb-
Thanks for your help. The issue I am having is that currently we have 2
documents that when put together, create our firm letterhead. One document
makes up the header that includes our firm logo, office address and a list of
all attorneys in columns. The second document makes up the footerwhich
includes a table with all nine of our offices and phone numbers. When we run
our letterhead macro (on every Word 2000, XP, and 2003), the header document
and the footer document insert themselves into the header and footer of an
existing document. For example, if I write a letter, I can run this macro and
both header and footer are inserted without copying and pasting. The header
is saved on our server so when attorneys come and go, I can update the one
header doc and it is updated everywhere. With Word 2007, I can create the
macro but it will only insert the firm logo and the address into the header,
not the list of attorneys.

Is there a way I can get you to take a look at this and help me with this
macro?

Thanks again!

Kevin

"Herb Tyson [MVP]" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Just guessing here, but what has changed a lot in Word 2007 is the AutoText
feature; if the old macro makes use of AutoText that might be part of the
explanation why it doesn't work correctly in the current version of Word.

If nobody in this newsgroup can help you with the macro, try asking in
microsoft.public.word.vba.general instead.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Herb Tyson [MVP]" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
kpmcmullin kpmcmullin is offline

Thanks, Stefan. I don't believe that the macro uses AutoText in anyway,
however. It just inserts a header document and a footer document into an
existing document and the header includes 4 columsn of names that won't show
up. Thanks again!

Kevin