Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
daisy daisy is offline

Default copyright

I have a copyright question. My desktop computer has preinstalled Word 2002
and Works 6.0. My laptop has Works 8.0 preinstalled. I would like to run
the same version of Word on both computers and get all the updates from
Microsoft. Do I need to purchase 2 copies of Word? Do I need to buy the
'full' version or can I purchase the 'update' version? Are there still
copies of Word 2002 available? What do you all think of Word 2007? The
reviews I have read have not been all that good. Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

I believe the Works Suite, which you can still find, includes Word 2002.
You should still be able to find Office 2003 which should be a fairly
straightforward change that you will have no difficulty adapting to and a
retail version will be licensed to be used on both your desktop and laptop.
Office 2007 is radically different. Some find it easier to use, but power
users find it difficult to adapt to the changes, hence the negative
criticisms.