Padraigglynn

Default Language not shown on status bar

I recently rebooted and reinstalled my laptop. Now in word 2003 the language
is not shown on the status bar. How do I get this shown as it was of great
benefit to my work. Any help greatly appreciated.......
Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi ?B?UGFkcmFpZ2dseW5u?=,

I recently rebooted and reinstalled my laptop. Now in word 2003 the language
is not shown on the status bar. How do I get this shown as it was of great
benefit to my work.

Have you checked in Tools/Language/Set language if

1. "Do not check spelling or grammar" is not activated

2. The default language is a language you have installed and activated in
Windows and Office?

You'll find more on this in an article in the Tips section of my website.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)

WilliamGeorge

"Padraigglynn" wrote:

I recently rebooted and reinstalled my laptop. Now in word 2003 the language
is not shown on the status bar. How do I get this shown as it was of great
benefit to my work. Any help greatly appreciated.......

I have the same problem. I have Word 2003 installed on my desktop machine
(WXP Home) and on my laptop (WXP Pro). Language is shown correctly in the
status bar on the desktop, but not on the laptop. Since the same disks were
used to install Word on both machines, and language settings are the same, I
am mystified.
WilliamGeorge

"Padraigglynn" wrote:

I recently rebooted and reinstalled my laptop. Now in word 2003 the language
is not shown on the status bar. How do I get this shown as it was of great
benefit to my work. Any help greatly appreciated.......

I have found the answer! See
http://groups.google.com/group/micro...25c037e8b7b0db