Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Parv Parv is offline

Default Mail merge text keeps on moving

I am using mail merge to print off ID cards that are attached to a A4 card
using a list through excel. However because there are different numbers of
lines in the address section the rest of the text in the doc gets pushed down
or up. How can I prevent the different numbers of lines in the address
affecting the rest of the document? When the address gets pushed further
down it affects the details I want to print on the ID card.

Thanks in advance for yor help
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Put a text box (Insert|Text box) on your A4 layout and position it where you
need it, then insert the fields you want in there.

However, text boxes and fields do not always agree with each other, so if
you have problems, slect the text box, right-click on it, select Format Text
Box, then the Text box tab, the click Convert to Frame and see if that
works. (Frames were the predecessor of text boxes in Word).

Peter Jamieson