Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Bridgett Bridgett is offline

Default Automatic number fill-in on Labels

Is it possible to have word automatically fill in a series of numbers on
Labels. I need a set of labels, counting by fives, from 1 to 3500. Just
wishing I didn't have to key in every number....0001-0005, etc.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

See http://www.gmayor.com/Numbered_labels.htm.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Bridgett" wrote in message
Is it possible to have word automatically fill in a series of numbers on
Labels. I need a set of labels, counting by fives, from 1 to 3500. Just
wishing I didn't have to key in every number....0001-0005, etc.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

See the second method on the page linked by Stefan and use the following
version of the macro listed there to increment the numbers by 5

Sub FRWithSequentialNumber()
Dim findText As String
Dim startNum As String
Dim myRange As Range
Set myRange = ActiveDocument.Range
startNum = 1
findText = "******"
With myRange.Find
.Text = findText
.MatchWholeWord = True
While .Execute
myRange.Text = Format(startNum, "0000")
If startNum = 1 Then
startNum = startNum + 4
Else
startNum = startNum + 5
End If
myRange.Collapse direction:=wdCollapseEnd
Wend
End With
End Sub

I think I may now have to update the add-in on that page to allow for such
number sequencing

"Bridgett" wrote in message
Is it possible to have word automatically fill in a series of numbers on
Labels. I need a set of labels, counting by fives, from 1 to 3500. Just
wishing I didn't have to key in every number....0001-0005, etc.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

I have now modified the add-ins on my web site to allow the labels to be
incremented other than by 1 http://www.gmayor.com/Numbered_labels.htm