Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Brad Brad is offline

Default How can I move a picture in word 2007.

I inserted a picture in a blank page, Selected the picture and tried to drag
it. It won't move. I tried the picture, then format tab, then align. I tried
to unselect Align to Margin, but it would not Unalign

Any suggestions. It should be an easy solution, but I am stuck.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

The out-of-the-box default for inserting pictures is a text wrapping of "in
line with text", meaning that it behaves like a single character. You can
drag it to another position within text -- but if there is no other text on
the document, there's no place to drag it to.

You can change any single picture after inserting it, by clicking the Text
Wrapping button on the Picture Tools ribbon and choosing another wrapping
setting.

You can change the default wrapping by clicking Office button Options
Advanced and setting the dropdown for "Insert/paste pictures as" to Square
or Tight or Top & Bottom. Then you'll be able to position the pictures
anywhere on the page, even when there is no text.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman