Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
A Marks Powers A Marks Powers is offline

Default Turn autoformat off for A. B. C.

At the end of a client letter, I want to type my name and title.
Specifically:
A. Marks Powers
Vice President

When I type my name at end of letter (i.e. A. Marks Powers), Word 2007 wants
to autoformat so next line starts with B.

I then have to change the B. autoformat and insert Vice President.

I want to keep autoformat on for numbers and bullets but disable autoformat
for A. B. C. D. bullets.

Any work arounds for this issue...?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

There is no way to turn off AutoFormat As You Type for uppercase lettered
lists only. What you can do is undo (Ctrl+Z) as soon as Word applies the
auto-correction.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"A Marks Powers" wrote in message
At the end of a client letter, I want to type my name and title.
Specifically:
A. Marks Powers
Vice President

When I type my name at end of letter (i.e. A. Marks Powers), Word 2007
wants
to autoformat so next line starts with B.

I then have to change the B. autoformat and insert Vice President.

I want to keep autoformat on for numbers and bullets but disable
autoformat
for A. B. C. D. bullets.

Any work arounds for this issue...?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

In Word 2003, you would go to Tools | AutoCorrect Options | AutoFormat As
You Type and disable "Automatic numbered lists" and also (for good measure)
"Format beginning of list item like the one before it" (though I think the
latter is actually irrelevant). You'll need to find what the equivalent in
Word 2007 is, but it's automatic lists that are causing the problem; see
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting/TameAutoFormat.htm

"A Marks Powers" A Marks wrote in message
At the end of a client letter, I want to type my name and title.
Specifically:
A. Marks Powers
Vice President

When I type my name at end of letter (i.e. A. Marks Powers), Word 2007
wants
to autoformat so next line starts with B.

I then have to change the B. autoformat and insert Vice President.

I want to keep autoformat on for numbers and bullets but disable
autoformat
for A. B. C. D. bullets.

Any work arounds for this issue...?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

But note that the OP is really asking for a way to disable AutoFormat As You
Type only for a *particular* type of list, which cannot be done.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Indeed, turning off AutoFormat completely and then using numbered styles
would make the task a lot easier.