Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
PA

Default Online form question

How can I link a form field to multiple locations in a form, so when the
information is filled into the first field, it cascades to multiple other
locations within the same document.
Cant seem to come up with the correct method.

Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
finalword

Create a field where the information is being entered. Select the field and
bookmark it (Insert | Bookmark). Elsewhere in the document, where you want
this text to reappear, insert a REF field that references the bookmark.

"PA" wrote:

How can I link a form field to multiple locations in a form, so when the
information is filled into the first field, it cascades to multiple other
locations within the same document.
Cant seem to come up with the correct method.

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

It is not necessary to bookmark the form field; form fields have their own
built-in bookmarks. These can be edited, if desired (through the Form Field
Options dialog), to have more meaningful names.

"PA" wrote:

How can I link a form field to multiple locations in a form, so when the
information is filled into the first field, it cascades to multiple

other
locations within the same document.
Cant seem to come up with the correct method.

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
PA

Many thanks, once again.
The Microsoft newsgroups are a well worth reading, and the people who answer
our questions are a Godsend.
Merry Christmas to all.