Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
JudithJubilee JudithJubilee is offline

Default Fields order changing

Hello there,

I'm using 2003 and when I connect to my Excel data source it connects fine.
However, when I look at the Edit Recipients dialogue box some of the columns
appear in a different order than they are in the original Excel spreadsheet.

Anuone know why? Just curious!

Judith
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Word determines the sequence of fields - as far as I know it has some kind
of list of "address" fields and always tries to put them in a particular
sequence.

You can drag-and-drop the fields to resequence them but the reseqeuncing
doesn't "stick". If you really want your fields to appear in a particular
seqeunce you have to name them so that Word won't recognise them and will
seqeunce them, e.g. something like F01myfield1, F02myfield2 and so on.

Peter Jamieson