Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Lori Lori is offline

Default 2007 Compatibility Patch Changes Extension

We are still on Office 2003, some clients are sending documents in 2007. We
installed the 2007 compatibility pack on our systems and now we notice the
following behavior:

1) When the 2007 version was opened and not converted, then do a File
Send as Attachment the extension was changed to wps (works).

2) When the 2007 version was opened and converted to 2003, then do a File
Send as Attachment the extension was removed altogether.

2003 behave themselves. Any ideas why this would be happening?

~Lori
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

I am unable to reproduce this behaviour with documents created here in Word
2007 opened in 2003 so it is difficult to imagine what the cause is,
however, try repairing Office 2003 and see
http://www.gmayor.com/what_to_do_when_word_crashes.htm then
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/...peningWord.htm