Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Paul

Default Formatting In Use (Style and Formatting Task Pane) Slow + Incorrect?

Hi,

I'm tidying up a document of about 130 pages - no graphics but lots of text
and tables.

I have rationalised most of the document replacing the manual formats with
styles, using CTRL+Q and CTRL+Space, etc.

The Style and Formatting task pane is showing some left over manual
formatting, e.g. Table Text + Right and claiming just one or a few
instances. Attempting to select the instance does not work - Word will pause
for 30 seconds while it finishes analysing the document, but then not move
the cursor to the instance. I have also tried locating with Find using the
formatting options, but no joy.

Any suggestions for how I clear this?

On a related point, using Find and Replace to replace one style with another
is somewhat flakey (I resorted to this a few times when there were a large
number of instances of formatting I wanted to change and Word could not seem
to cope with selecting all instances) - you often have to run it multiple
times to pick up all instances (first time will replace say 100, then 40,
then 20, then 5, etc until you get to 0).

Thanks

Paul

--
Visit my website www.pdtech.co.uk for Access Developer Resources