Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
MarieC

Default Network Normal.dot Issues

I am responsible for IT (and word processing) in a small
office of about 20 users. I am the only IT Operator in
the office and new to professional IT. My issue is this:

All 20 computer users in this office are accessing the
same normal.dot file on a network drive.

The Windows platforms and Office versions on the
computers are various, from Windows98 to WindowsXP, and
from Office97 to Office2003.

I have read a Microsoft article that says normal.dot
should not be used by multiple users. The network
administrators disagree with this.

I am asking about this issue in an attempt to understand
some odd, glitchy issues we have been having with Word
from time to time.

Any advice or comments on the advisability of network use
of normal.dot would be appreciated.

Cheers
MarieC