Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Rick Rick is offline

Default format column for currency

I am using a table in Word, which draws from an access database into a column
in the table. All the numbers in the column are currency. For some reason
the word merge form doesn't draw the currency numbers correctly from the
database, even though they are correctly currency in the database.
I thought something might be wrong in the formatting of the column. I want
the column to be 2 decimal places aligned to the right and have a $ symbol.
I can't get this to work.
I want it to look somewhat like this:
column 1 $ 4.00

any suggestions?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

You will need a currency formatting switch on the field(s) in your table eg

{Mergefield CurrencyFieldName \# "$,0.00"}

see http://www.gmayor.com/formatting_word_fields.htm

Rick wrote:
I am using a table in Word, which draws from an access database into
a column in the table. All the numbers in the column are currency.
For some reason the word merge form doesn't draw the currency numbers
correctly from the database, even though they are correctly currency
in the database.
I thought something might be wrong in the formatting of the column.
I want the column to be 2 decimal places aligned to the right and
have a $ symbol. I can't get this to work.
I want it to look somewhat like this:
column 1 $ 4.00

any suggestions?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

use {Mergefield CurrencyFieldName \# ",0.00"}

With a decimal tab and the paragraph format set to left aligned.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

Rick wrote:
I am using a table in Word, which draws from an access database into
a column in the table. All the numbers in the column are currency.
For some reason the word merge form doesn't draw the currency numbers
correctly from the database, even though they are correctly currency
in the database.
I thought something might be wrong in the formatting of the column.
I want the column to be 2 decimal places aligned to the right and
have a $ symbol. I can't get this to work.
I want it to look somewhat like this:
column 1 $ 4.00

any suggestions?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Use a decimal (or right) tab to position the field and remove the dollar
sign from the switch

Rick wrote:
I am using a table in Word, which draws from an access database into
a column in the table. All the numbers in the column are currency.
For some reason the word merge form doesn't draw the currency
numbers correctly from the database, even though they are correctly
currency in the database.
I thought something might be wrong in the formatting of the column.
I want the column to be 2 decimal places aligned to the right and
have a $ symbol. I can't get this to work.
I want it to look somewhat like this:
column 1 $ 4.00

any suggestions?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Rick Rick is offline

I'm not sure I understand what you mean by {Mergefield CurrencyFieldName}
Do I need to rename the mergefield that is being imported by Access or add
this name to the field name?
Thanks!

Format Currency Todd K. Mailmerge 2 November 14th 06 06:00 PM
Currency format kai Mailmerge 1 January 12th 06 05:01 AM
Currency fields in Access lose th currency format whn merged why PMasters Mailmerge 1 June 1st 05 08:13 PM
Currency format in table. Jeff Stroope Tables 1 April 23rd 05 12:17 AM
how to format currency Dan Mailmerge 1 March 4th 05 07:47 AM