Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
aal aal is offline

Default Template: Insert Rich Text help!

Creating atemplate for customer. I go to the Developer tab and insert rich
or plain text content control. It places it on the page and then I can't
move it....no matter what I try. HELP!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

To move the content control, you can right-click it and choose Cut from the
context menu; then paste it at the desired location.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"aal" wrote in message
news
Creating atemplate for customer. I go to the Developer tab and insert
rich
or plain text content control. It places it on the page and then I can't
move it....no matter what I try. HELP!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
aal aal is offline

Didn't work. It snaps to the left. I actually have four boxes on the page
(just for design). I want to place a rich text content control in the middle
of each box. I can't move it there.

"Stefan Blom" wrote:

To move the content control, you can right-click it and choose Cut from the
context menu; then paste it at the desired location.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"aal" wrote in message
news
Creating atemplate for customer. I go to the Developer tab and insert
rich
or plain text content control. It places it on the page and then I can't
move it....no matter what I try. HELP!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

What kind of "boxes" are you referring to? Note that for layout purposes,
you could use table cells (or text boxes) to place the content controls.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Stefan Blom" wrote:

To move the content control, you can right-click it and choose Cut from
the
context menu; then paste it at the desired location.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"aal" wrote in message
news
Creating atemplate for customer. I go to the Developer tab and insert
rich
or plain text content control. It places it on the page and then I
can't
move it....no matter what I try. HELP!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
aal aal is offline

By "boxes" I mean I inserted a "shape." These shapes are meant to act not
only as a just a design feature, but also a border for parts of the page.
So, if I am making 6 cards on a page, I've placed the "shape" in six places
to show the borders of each card.

"Stefan Blom" wrote:

To move the content control, you can right-click it and choose Cut from
the
context menu; then paste it at the desired location.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"aal" wrote in message
news Creating atemplate for customer. I go to the Developer tab and insert
rich
or plain text content control. It places it on the page and then I
can't
move it....no matter what I try. HELP!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

If you right-click a shape and click Add Text, you should be able to insert
content controls into it.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"aal" wrote in message
news Creating atemplate for customer. I go to the Developer tab and
insert
rich
or plain text content control. It places it on the page and then I
can't
move it....no matter what I try. HELP!

Changing Font / Rich Text Formatting / Merging / Text Fileds ErinJoy Microsoft Word Help 1 February 23rd 07 08:53 PM
Copying text from MS-Word to Rich-Text clients vasdeep Microsoft Word Help 1 December 23rd 06 03:15 AM
Rich text Tripod Microsoft Word Help 1 June 27th 06 09:55 AM
H E L P ! Rich Text doc disables keyboard ?? Will Microsoft Word Help 3 March 4th 06 03:17 PM
Can not find rich text... Rox Microsoft Word Help 2 February 25th 06 04:46 PM