Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Kelsey13 Kelsey13 is offline

Default Inserting Images into Document

Hi,

I thought I was able before to insert an .ai image into my document and now
when I attempt this I get an error message. The exact message is 'An error
occurred when importing this file.'
I am wondering if anyone else has attempted this or not and if so how were
they successful.
Thanks,
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Idaho Word Man Idaho Word Man is offline

It's been a while since I worked with Illustrator, but if I remember it
correctly, you have two options -- both of which assume you have Illustrator
on your computer.

The first option is to open the Illustrator image and save it as one of the
file formats that Word will support. The two I prefer are either JPG or
Windows metafiles.

The second option is to open the Illustrator image, select it and copy it,
and then in Word select Paste Special - Picture (Windows Metafile).

I hope this helps.

Fred