zSplash

Default Code available to new doc/dot?

After my mail merge, can I (instead of opening a new word document), open a
template (that has nothing but code in it?) so that all users will have
access to the code contained in this template, instead of having to know
their template paths or using an addin?

Or, if that's not possible, can I attach a certain template (with code) to
the newly-created word document somehow?

TIA

Charles Kenyon

Opening a template (having it on your screen so that you can type in it)
does not give any other document access to the code in that template.

For whatever reason, it seems that mailmerge result document does not have
access to code in the attached template. This is true even if you attach the
template using the templates and Add-Ins dialog..

However, all documents, including a mailmerge result document, have access
to code contained in an Add-In that has been loaded. So, you can load a
template as an Add-In and give your document access to the code in the
template that way; simply opening it won't help.
--
Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.

"zSplash" zNOSPAMSplash@ gci.net wrote in message
After my mail merge, can I (instead of opening a new word document), open
template (that has nothing but code in it?) so that all users will have
access to the code contained in this template, instead of having to know
their template paths or using an addin?

Or, if that's not possible, can I attach a certain template (with code) to
the newly-created word document somehow?

TIA

zSplash

Thanks, Charles. I guess I miswrote. I meant to ask if after I set up the
main document, is there any way to merge to a specific template, rather than
to a blank word document?

st.

"Charles Kenyon" wrote in
message ...
[...]

Charles Kenyon

Sorry, must be a Friday. My brain isn't working. I still don't understand.
When you merge you are merging to a new document based on the template of
your main merge document, not to the blank word document template. After a
merge, if you look to find the attached template, it will be the template of
your main merge document.
--
[...]

how do I associate a query to SQL code in a Word 2003 mail merge mm1861 Mailmerge 1 March 24th 05 11:40 AM
UPC BAR CODE davek Microsoft Word Help 4 March 22nd 05 11:16 PM
POSTNET bar code for envelopes in Word 2002? stephebr Microsoft Word Help 0 March 5th 05 11:17 PM
Errors in Postal bar code Tom Hadley Mailmerge 0 January 10th 05 10:13 PM
How do I use the PRINT field code to ... Dave Microsoft Word Help 3 December 13th 04 03:06 PM