Screen/Display size

Default Change language in WORD in Normal.dot template

For some reason my "Normal" template language is set to welsh !!!!
I have followed the advise from MS help ie File - Open Template, then
checked the auto update template styles, changed language to English (UK),
set this as default and saved. Next time a open a new doc none of the
settings have been saved
A number of problems have been observed.
1) Following the path to the templates file ie C:\Documents and
Settings\user name\Application Data\Microsoft\Templates, I can ynot see the
Application Data folder, so I have to find the template by other means. Also
this is invisible in Explore
2) Having checked the auto update template styles + ok'd. Going back into
this ection the check has been removed -- ie it does not appear to save it.
3) Haveing set the language, Welsh still appears in the status bar at the
foot of the doc.
What am I doing wrong

Thanks for any and all help you can give

Shauna Kelly

Hi

There are several possible things going on here, and you may have to check
of all them before you catch the culprit.

1. To get the language in Word right, you have to set your Windows, Office
and Word languages up the same. To do that, see
http://homepage.swissonline.ch/cindymeister/LangFmt.htm

2. To find normal.dot, you may have to tell Windows Explorer to display
hidden files and folders. To do that, see
See Why is my "Blank Document" not blank?
http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErr...ocNotBlank.htm

3. If you have made changes to normal.dot, and they're not "sticking", and
you have Adobe Acrobat 7, see
http://www.gmayor.com/lose_that_adob...at_toolbar.htm

Hope this helps.

Shauna Kelly. Microsoft MVP.